Over 160 Instant song downloads - from as little as £1.50 each. It's so easy!
1. Search for a theme/title in this searchable song bank or...
2. Browse by age range/category (see tabs below)
3. When results appear, click on the 'About/Sample' green button to find out more and listen to a sample.
4. To buy - click add to basket, complete checkout using credit card or PayPal.
5. Login to your account and click on the download link.
A 'What If' Monster
A 'What If' Monster by Ruth Kenward & Richard Neil - 5 to 9 yrs (1m 54s)
Theme – anxiety, worry, confidence, strength
Content - Anxiety is imagined as a ‘what if’ monster, confidence is a ‘what if’ buddy. The ‘what if’ monster puts doubt in our minds, and needs to be replaced with the ‘what if’ buddy of confidence that inspires us to have a go in life. Confidence can be gained by going to people we trust for support and encouragement. This unusual and quirky song is a brilliant tool to help young children understand anxiety – and they love shouting at the ‘what if’ monster to go away! Excellent for PSHE.
A ‘what if’ monster is whispering in my ear,
A ‘what if’ monster I don’t want to hear!
‘What if this?’ he goes, ‘What if that?’
‘What if you trip and you fall down flat?’
‘What if’ monster, go away!
I’m not listening! Go away!
‘What if’ monster, hear me say:
(shouted) I’m not listening today!
A ‘what if’ buddy is whispering in my ear,
A ‘what if’ buddy I DO want to hear!
‘What if everything turns out fine?
What if you try and you just might shine?’
This song has a partner story and complete assembly on the same theme. You can find this in 'Assemblies Alive KS1', which also contains 14 other assemblies, songs and stories.